VLCC Surya Sandal Sun Block Lotion (SPF 30


I wasn’t somebody who used to apply sunscreens or sunblock when going out, but after sometime I noticed, my legs were getting tanned & ugly, so that’s when I realised I should protect my face & hands as well .I decided to invest in a nice herbal sunblock & went to the nearest H&G store to check out various brands, the SA at the store insisted I buy the VLCC Surya Sandal Sun Block Lotion (SPF 30) because it has natural ingredients like Sandalwood & Honey. I decided to buy this because I knew Sandalwood soothes the skin & is considered to be a natural antiseptic.
What does VLCC claim about this sunblock: This high strength sunblock lotion protects the skin from the harmful effects of the UV rays of the sun. The goodness of Sandalwood & Honey heals the skin & keeps it cool, helping it retain its natural moisture and protect the skin from getting tanned for a longer period of time.
Screen shot 2010 10 05 at 9.43.25 PM1 VLCC Surya Sandal Sun Block Lotion (SPF 30) Review
VLCC Sunscreen
Ingredients: Extracts of Aloe indica (Gritkumari) 5%, Triticum Vulgare (Gehun) 4%, Withania Somnifera (Ashwagandha) 3%, Mesua Ferrea (Nagkesar) 2%, and Pterocarpus Santalinus (Rakt Chandan) 2%, Symplocos Racemosa (Lodh) 1%, Santalum Album (Chandan) 0.35%, Apis Mellifica (Madhu) 2% & Lotion Base Q.S.
Directions to Use: After cleansing, apply appropriate quantity of this to the exposed parts of the body 10 minutes before going out in the sun.

Price: Rs 195(INR) for 100 M.L
What I like about VLCC Surya Sandal Sun Block Lotion(SPF 30):
The ingredients are herbal/Ayurvedic
Gritkumari (Aloe Vera) is multi functional herb in Ayurveda, most of us are aware of its benefits.
Gehun (Wheat Germ Oil) is the richest source of Vitamin E, A and D.
Ashwagandha (Winter Cherry) leaves are beneficial in treating several skin disorders.
Nagkesar (Ironwood tree) has astringent, , antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory activity.
Rakt Chandan (Red Sandal Wood) has the ability to protect against the harmful rays of the sun.
Lodh (Lodh Bark) is astringent and cold in action & heals wounds.
Chandan (Sandal Wood) has antiseptic qualities which help in treating rashes & spots.
Madhu (Honey)’s natural antioxidant and anti-microbial properties help to protect the skin from the damage caused by the sun’s rays.
  • It seems oily as soon as you apply but after sometime easily gets absorbed in.
  • A little amount is needed so will last for at least 2 months.
  • It moisturizes the skin well so you don’t feel the need to apply a moisturizer after using this.
  • It’s hygienically packed in the form of a tube.

What I dislike about VLCC Surya Sandal Sun Block Lotion (SPF 30):
  • It’s very watery, so in case you hold the tube upside down & then open it , a large amount of the lotions comes out & gets wasted.
  • It is heavily scented( Sandalwood fragrance)
Overall feedback: This sunblock really works for my combination/Sometimes sensitive skin so well that once I come back home I don’t see the ugly dark tan on my skin. Though this is SPF 30 & works well for me , I would like to try a product which is SPF 50. Once this gets finished I will purchase a different one.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...